Our team provides high quality legal advice to the commercial, educational and industrial sectors on all aspects of building design, procurement, construction, and civil and process engineering. We are equally strong in dispute resolution, and the drafting and negotiating of contracts.
Our creative approach ensures that we achieve what our client wants. Familiarity with the industry standard forms and how construction and engineering projects actually work means that our contracts are drafted with clarity and precision. When disputes arise, this all ensures we resolve them with a level head, whist remaining objective and keeping our client's interests protected.
- in-depth knowledge of forms of contract and methods of procurement including Project Finance Initiatives and Public Private Projects (PFI/PPP);
- impeccable drafting and written presentational skills;
- the ability to work with the client's team and the other side, to ensure that the project documentation is put in place without delay;
- experience in all aspects of construction adjudications from commencement to enforcement in the courts;
- effective litigation and arbitration skills; and
- a readiness to explore alternative means of dispute resolution.
The team has made an impact on the regional business community, having advised on a number of high profile projects both conventional and PFI/PPP. We continue to act for universities and colleges of higher education, utility and energy companies, major contractors (including three major house builders), major manufacturing companies, consultants and public sector and regulatory authorities.