Our specialist competition team has an enviable reputation for providing commercial, pragmatic and succinct advice to a wide range of national and international businesses, local authorities, utilities and education clients.
Our main areas of practice are:
- EC and UK merger control for takeovers, joint ventures and mergers. We also advise on structuring transactions for approval and can provide guidance, with local counsel, on merger control systems across the World;
- abuse of a dominant position: pricing and rebates, access issues and refusal to supply, and exclusivity provisions;
- structuring distribution systems: exclusive arrangements, franchising, selective distribution systems and other arrangements between suppliers, wholesalers and retailers;
- automotive distribution systems;
- manufacturing agreements, R&D agreements and other arrangements with competitors;
- technology transfer and licensing issues;
- cartels: defence, dawn raids, leniency applications, advice on criminal sanctions, follow-on actions and all related issues;
- competition law compliance programmes and training;
- trade associations: ensuring governance is in compliance with competition rules; and
- advising utilities on the sector specific rules.
The Enterprise Act: