Our banking team has many years of experience advising banks and other debt providers, businesses purchasers, growing businesses, insolvency practitioners and those in financial difficulty.
Banking is one of our key business sectors and our substantial, specialist banking & insolvency team are experts in all aspects of banking, financing, recovery and insolvency matters.
This expertise covers:
- debt finance, where we advise banks and borrowers on debt facilities of all sizes and structures;
- acquisition & leveraged finance, whether acting for borrowers or lenders on acquisitions, MBOs or other corporate finance transactions;
- property finance, advising lenders and borrowers on substantial development projects and investment transactions;
- insolvency & turnaround, including intensive care, corporate restructuring, debt for equity swaps, security reviews and insolvency and recovery work;
- finance disputes, where we are specialists in advising banks, building societies and other financial institutions on a full range of issues including their customer disputes and the enforcement of security, guarantee and other documentation;
- regulatory and documentary projects, including reviewing standard loan and security documentation and complex risk-management projects; and
- charities and third sector, acting for banks who are lending to both exempt and non-exempt charities advising on the need for any consents that may be required and ensuring documents comply with the relevant legislation relating to charities.
Whether you are in the business of lending money, or are dealing with commercial lenders as part of your business or project, we have the capabilities and capacity to meet all your needs.
What our clients say about us
“They are experts at what they do and what we do; they know our areas of concern and deliver what we need. There is nothing that we can throw at the team that it cannot handle.” (Chambers and Partners)
“Pragmatic and commercial… they will get off the fence and give clear advice.” (Chambers and Partners)
“A breath of fresh air… listening to, and understanding, commercial requirements.” (Legal 500)
“Wonderful team of dedicated specialists.” (Chambers and Partners)
“Pragmatic in identifying risks and finding solutions and providing strong contentious support for complex cases.” (Legal 500)
“Incredibly bright, diligent and efficient.” (Chambers and Partners)