SGH Martineau has a strong background in public sector work and this coupled with our leading corporate and commercial practices makes the firm ideally placed to advise when the public sector engages in commercial activity.
We have detailed knowledge of the complex public procurement rules and provide advice on all aspects of a project, from high-level structuring, through to dealing with specific and often time critical procedural points. We advise both public and private sector clients.
Some of our key experience includes:
- choice of procurement procedure where the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 or general principles of European law apply;
- drafting OJEU contract notices, invitations to tender, Alcatel notices and contract award notices;
- advising on selection and award criteria;
- advising on Alcatel standstill provisions;
- project managing procurement exercises;
- advising on the Public Procurement aspects of Public Private Partnerships (“PPPs”);
- advising on framework agreements, in particular, for the provision of IT services;
- advising bidders at the various stages of a procurement process; and
- dealing with challenges to procurement procedures and advising on remedies.
Our Public Procurement Brochure
Public Procurement Timetables
The following documents provide summaries of the main timetabling issues for each of the five procedures set out in the Public Contracts Regulations 2006. An important preliminary issue is to determine which procedures are available in a specific instance. Clearly every procurement exercise will have timetabling requirements and constraints over and above those set out in the Public Contracts Regulations 2006 as amended by the Public Contracts (Amendment) Regulations 2009 and the Public Procurement (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2011.
The Public Procurement regime will be reformed by the implementation of revised public procurement, and utilities directives and a new services concessions directive. For advice or information on the draft directives, please contact us.