Whole swathes of our economy rely on and use personal data. It is crucial that any organisation using personal data complies with what has evolved into a complex area of law. Compliance will avoid potentially costly and embarrassing fines, claims from individuals for damages, help preserve your reputation and should encourage individuals to be more comfortable in sharing their data with you.
Our team has advised:
- Clients dealing with international transfers of data,
- Those grappling with privacy issues as they move to external cloud providers,
- How to manage inadvertent disclosure of information to blaggers,
- Use of personal data in marketing campaigns,
- Inappropriate use of CCTV footage
- Privacy implications around an international social media site for teenagers.